QA / Game Tester
Start date: 06/09/21
A QA / Game Tester quality assures digital productions through systematic tests where the process is planned, implemented and documented. They can understand underlying factors to errors and can report deviations with relevant information that makes it easier to recreate and solve the problem.
What you get:
- Knowledge about how to quality secure Games, IT systems, script automated tests, design and perform tests.
- The ability to start working right after the education
- Guaranteed Student Apartment in Boden during your studies
- CSN, 1.5 years (3 terms) starting September 6th 2021
- LIA (internship) 20 weeks 20 places
KNOWLEDGE AFTER THE TRAINING
- The quality assurance process in both theory and practice
- The most commonly used tools in industry
- The best production methods
- A specialty in an area of technological expertise
- How to create and implement test plans
- How to triage effectively
- How to implement at an early stage the quality assurance in the development process to improve the stability of a system.
- How to report and collect information that can promote system design.
- Testing of games during ongoing production to find bugs for action before games are released on the market
SKILLS AFTER THE TRAINING
- Create and implement test plans for your team and for products
- Play and test on a wide range of different platforms
- Use scripting languages to streamline and automate parts of the work
- Collect and report relevant information correctly and efficiently to the developers
- Create simpler games yourself, to ensure a basic technical understanding of the game development process.
COMPETENCES AFTER THE TRAINING
- Work as a Game Tester in game development for AAA, mobile and web
- Work as a software tester in IT and game development for AAA, mobile and web
- Work for a small game studio as part of a team with a focus on quality assurance
- Work as a test leader with responsibility for more technically demanding software work
Final Degree project
Basic quality assurance and theory
Quality assurance for apps and games developed for web
Quality assurance for Console Games
Quality assurance for Mobile devices
Internship / Learning in Work
Game and software testers in everyday life, Soft Skills
Specialization – individual specialization QA
Teambuilding, group dynamics and practical introduction
How is life in Boden?
Boden aims to create a town that is close to everything that is important and a little more – the children’s activities, your job, schools, cultural events, attractive homes, shopping and nature experiences. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Whether you come from Luleå, Stockholm or Somalia, we will create an inclusive climate where everyone feels belonging, security and an opportunity for development.